Friday, March 27, 2020

Seeds of Resistance Sprout in the Spring


I set out on my regular “Warrior Walk” where I speed walk for an hour through several
neighborhoods. My route includes a street that dead ends at a power substation. I noticed a couple cars parked in the shade and found an elderly gentleman working out on some portable gym equipment while coached by a younger man. As it turns out, the younger man owns a gym that was forcibly closed by the powers-that-shouldn’t-be to save us all from The Virus. His innovative response was to serve his customers individually and remotely any way he could- including working at the end of a dead-end street! 

"You do what you gotta do," he told me.

Not far down my route, I find where someone had chalked on the sidewalk:
"Comfort and growth cannot coexist."

What a perfect sentiment to inspire others to get through the panic and craziness of the past couple weeks. For the body and spirit to strengthen, you need to experience some stress. Use it to make you stronger, don’t allow it to weaken you.

Not far around the corner, I see a man raking leaves in his front yard. He had on a t-shirt that said, "Freedom grows when government is smaller."

By all means, folks- get outside and strengthen your immune system, your bodies and your spirit.

No comments: