Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quotes of the Week

From the Light:
“I do not claim to be a ‘citizen’ although the US government would label me in that way. I emphatically assert that I do not belong to any government. I did not consent to be ‘represented’ or ruled. I don't buy into the lie of ‘implied consent‘. I did not sign any constitution so I do not agree to be ‘governed’ even if a government actually obeyed that document. I do not need governmental protection from anything. There is nothing in it for me or for anything I value, and there is nothing I am willing to voluntarily give any government, anywhere on this planet or any other. Nothing, that is, except the cold shoulder, or if pressed, contempt. If anything, I am a denizen. I happen to live where I live. That is all.”
Kent McManigal

“No nation has ever existed, except for present company...whose histories have yet to be completed...that didn't default, renege, collapse, go bankrupt, disappear, disintegrate, capitulate, or otherwise fall over and die. The only questions are when and how.”
Bill Bonner

“When it comes to state worship, leader worship, and military worship, Americans are just as bad as anyone else in history.”
Laurence Vance

“Isn’t it somewhat twisted that taxation — the act of taking personal property and earnings by force, under the threat of violence, further theft, life destruction, and/or going to the hoosegow — is considered to be the law-abiding action, while the act of resisting the threats of theft and personal destruction is considered to be the ‘violence?’”
Karen De Coster

“I know Ron Paul. He is a friend of mine. And Sarah Palin, you are no Ron Paul.”
Doug Wead, ex-Reagan aide.

“The only appropriate celebrations of President's Day these days involve spitting, ridicule and obscene gestures.”
Thomas R. Eddlem

“There are some presidents that I would like to show appreciation for today: the presidents of Glock, Amazon.com, Coors, Wrangler’s, Colt, Maker’s Mark, Jeep, Pelican kayaks, Benchmade, Tabasco, Zatarain’s, Tropicana, Vortex binocs, Maglite, and Winn-Dixie, who provide services that actually DO keep me safe, happy, and free.”
Meredith Bass
*************************************************
From the Darkness:
"So many of us live to work, work to earn, and earn to consume, and our consumption habits are squandering the earth's natural resources.
Spending less time in paid work could help us to break this pattern. We'd have more time to be better parents, better citizens, better carers and better neighbours.”
Anna Coote, co-author of the 21 Hours report, which recommends the work week be reduced to 21 hours.

“We believe in Limited Government, Free Speech, the 2nd Amendment, our Military, Secure Borders and our Country!”
From the Tea Party Nation website.

“Don't cut Medicare.”
Newt Gingrich, from his healthcare proposal.

“If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede.”
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

"We've only been halfway through the act. The job-creating portions are really loaded at the second half here."
Joe Biden, Defending the Obama stimulus program.

No comments: