Friday, June 5, 2009

Rogue Recommendation


There has been a new addtion this week to “Beacon of Light Bloggers.”
I’ve added Daniel Lakemacher’s For the Convenience of the Government.

Daniel is a US Navy Hospital Corpsman who has applied for Conscientious Objector status. He experienced an epiphany of sorts after reading Ayn Rand’s, Atlas Shrugged and her illustration of the non-aggression axiom:

“Prompted by the instant recognition that Rand’s prose was an expression of many of the ideas that had come to replace my religious convictions, I undertook a concerted effort to study natural law, natural rights, and innumerable related ideas that have had personal ramifications on my political, economic, and
ethical beliefs.”
Daniel’s writing is on target and distinctly valuable, considering his reports originate from within the “belly of the beast.” This fact provides a fresh, informative perspective as opposed to those (like me) that pontificate from the “outside.”

No comments: