Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quotes of the Week


From the Light:
"I don’t vote for the same reason I don’t rob banks or molest children: it is not the way I choose to live my life. I am not "apathetic" about not victimizing others: to the contrary, I insist upon such a trait. My entire sense of being is incompatible with coercing others. I can no more hide my ambitions over your life or property within the secret confines of a voting booth than I could confront my neighbor with a gun and demand his money. Voting is nothing more than a periodic public affirmation in the faith of systematic violence as a social system."
Butler Shaffer

"It is funny that FDR is so universally beloved on left and right. He imposed counterproductive economic fascism, destroyed food while people starved, imposed gun control and drug control at the federal level, created Fannie Mae (which has continued to cause economic troubles), drafted plans to round up rightwing and leftwing activists without due process, conscripted ten million Americans into the military, waged total war on civilians, brought nuclear weaponry into the world, stuck tens of thousands of U.S. citizens into concentration camps, set up a censorship office, palled around with Stalin, turned away exiled Jews back to Nazi control, was all around deceitful in foreign affairs, and did not actually bring America out of the Depression, in terms of economic well-being for the American people. "
Anthony Gregory

From the Darkness:
"We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. Government interference in the markets exacerbates problems in the marketplace and causes the free market to take longer to correct itself. We believe in the free market as the best tool to sustained prosperity and opportunity for all."
From the 2008 Republican Party Platform

“The arguments of liberals [leftists] are more often grounded in reason and fact.”
Barack Obama, from his book, “The Audacity of Hope.”

No comments: